Q-Connect has designed its recycling programme with ease of use in mind.
Did you know?
Recycling is one of the best ways we can have a positive impact upon the world in which we live. It’s important to both the natural environment, and our future generations. That’s why Q-Connect are committed to preserving natural resources, investing in clean, ecologically-friendly technologies and processes, and providing customers with closed-loop environmental solutions.
How does it work?
How it Works
Q-Connect has designed its recycling programme with ease of use in mind. The process is quick and simple, with many benefits to the user, environment and the supply of Q-Connect cartridges. Find out below how to order your free of charge recycling bins, and start making a difference now.
The Recycling Process
- Dedicated couriers collect your used Q-Connect cartridges and deliver them to the Q-Connect collection centre.
- Cartridges are sorted and either sent for remanufacturing, or recycling.
- Undamaged, re-usable cartridges are packed, stored and sent for re-use.
- Broken and non-usable cartridges are sent to a dedicated partner to be given an end of life solution. These are broken down and separated into raw materials such as plastic, metals and toner, which is re-used in various injection moulding processes.
There are 3 easy ways to request collection or delivery of recycling bins:
- The recycling scheme is completely free of charge.
- A minimum of 15 cartridges per collection box is required for collection.
- We accept all brands of original or compatible inkjet cartridges, toner cartridges and drum/fuser units. Please do not put toner bottles or waste bins in the collection box.*
- Full reporting and audit trail available with statement showing product code, quantity and weight of items collected.
*Please note that under the WEEE Directive 2016, it is the responsibility of the producer of toner bottles and waste bins to recycle these items.
Accreditations and Licenses
In accordance with its environmental commitment, Q-Connect (through SCC) hold many certifications and has established multiple partnerships with leading environmental organisations.
Waste Carriers and Brokers Certificate – CB/EP3110QM
Q-Connect are authorised to collect waste from companies and to arrange other carriers to collect on our behalf. We will provide Waste Transfer Notes demonstrating your company’s compliance with your Duty of Care to dispose of waste correctly.
CHAS Health and Safety
The Contractors’ Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) is a UK nationally recognized and accepted threshold standard for Health and Safety. This accreditation demonstrates a sound management of current health and safety legislation across out business.
RH0819FR and SE5434FL (storing waste in a secure place)
RH0819FR and SE5434FL (baling, sorting and shredding of non-agricultural wastes such as paper and plastics)
NCC/059675/2012 (carrying out the repair or refurbishment of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
RH0819FR and SE5434FL (treating waste printer cartridges by sorting, dismantling, cleaning or refilling)
Zero Waste-to-Landfill Policy
Q-Connect, through Static Control Components (SCC), operate a closed-loop environmental process that is built around a zero-waste-to-landfill policy. CES evaluate every empty cartridge that is received with the primary goal being to reuse it for remanufacturing, ensuring availability and supply of Q-Connect cartridges. In the case where this isn’t possible, the cartridge is used for materials recovery. The process ensures that every component of the cartridge collected is either remanufactured or recycled.